Click here for a complete monthly calendar of all Chamber events
Click here for all Community Events
For all Events in the City of Wetumpka: www.cityofwetumpka.com
For all Events in Elmore County: www.visitelmoreco.com and click on calendar
For all Events in the Tri-County area: www.knowthecommunity.com
WETUMPKA'S ARBOR DAY CELEBRATION
Thursday, February 23, 2017
120 Cotton Street, Wetumpka
For more information,Contact Tiffany Robinson334-567-5147February 21, 2017FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:Wetumpka Recognized as Tree City USA Community for Thirty YearsWetumpka-Wetumpka’s annual Arbor Day celebration will be held February 23, 2017, at 1 p.m. at the Fain Center located at 120 Cotton St. This year’s event will feature a memorial tree planting, presentation of the Tree City award, and distribution of free tree seedlings to attendees.The planting will be in honor of the late Peggy Blackburn, Dr. Julius Ethelbert Dunn, Jr., John Raymond Moore and W. Jack Ray. “The City of Wetumpka likes to take this opportunity to recognize and honor the citizens who have played a major role in the community,” said Mayor Jerry Willis. “By planting a tree in their honor, they will be remembered for their contributions and dedication to Wetumpka.”This is the Thirtieth-year Wetumpka has been recognized by the nonprofit Arbor Day Foundation as a Tree City USA community for its commitment to urban forestry. The Tree City USA program is sponsored by the Arbor Day Foundation in cooperation with the National Association of State Foresters and the USDA Forest Service.Wetumpka has met the four standards to become a Tree City USA community. Tree City USA communities must have a tree board or department, a tree-care ordinance, a comprehensive community forestry program, and an Arbor Day observance and proclamation.Communities that earn Tree City USA recognition not only have taken the time to meet the four standards, they know that trees: Promote healthier communities by filtering the air we breathe by removing dust and other particles. Moderate climate, conserve water and provide vital habitat for wildlife. Reduce the heat island effect in urban area caused by pavement and buildings. Increase property values and reduce energy use and add beauty to our homes and neighborhoods.The local Arbor Day program is sponsored by the Wetumpka’s Tree City Committee and Wetumpka Pride. The public is encouraged to attend.###
Online Event Registration
Join us for a Meet and Greet with our new partner, River Region Women in Business Group
Thursday, March 16, 2017 6:00 pm
Free Women's Networking Event
with refreshments at the Chamber Office
Please RSVP to 567-4811 or
We'll see you there!
CAPI Haunted History Class
Every Third Saturday each month beginning July 2017
11:00 am - 7:00 pm
Chamber Board Room
116 E. Bridge Street, Wetumpka
Classes are $25 or
Free with $40 Paid Haunted History
Extended Tour 2017 Ticket
Feb - June *As Needed*
July 15, 2017
August 19, 2017
Sept. 16, 2017
Oct. 21, 2017
Nov. 18, 2017
BATTLE OF THE KAYAK KINGS
KAYAK BASS FISHING COMPETITION
FRIDAY, FEB. 24th - SUNDAY, FEB. 26th
Gold Star Park Boat Ramp & Lake Jordan
Time: 5:30 AM - 6:30 PM
Welcome Reception Thursday, Feb. 23rd
Hacienda San Marcos
5311 US Hwy 231, Wetumpka, AL 36092
TIME: 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Photo Credit: Kayak Bassin' / Heliconia
Battle of the Kayak Kings
Two titans of kayak bass fishing square off in KBF BONUS BUCKS BEST of the BEST presented by Bending Branches
In March 2016, Jackson Kayak Pro Matt Ball from Little Hocking, Ohio shook up the kayak fishing world by setting the record for earnings in a single kayak fishing tournament. While there will be other KBF National Champions, like Bobby Murray who secured his place in bass fishing history by taking the first Bassmaster Classic, Ball will always be the first Kayak Bass Fishing National Champion. An active Mountain State Kayak Angler who’s at home chasing smallmouth bass on West Virginia rivers, Ball will be returning to Kentucky Lake on March 31 to defend his title against a field of over 450 of the top kayak bass anglers from the US and Canada.
Hobie Pro Jay Wallen of Lexington, Kentucky bested over 500 kayak bass anglers across the US to claim the KBF Angler of the Year crown in 2016. This achievement reflects consistently high performance and year-round dedication to being the best in his craft. Later this month, Wallen will have an opportunity to add another title to his credit when he competes againt nine other top-ranked KBF Members in The TEN, a winner-take-all tournament on America’s most outrageous trophy bass resort, Bienville Plantation. The winner of that event paddles away $10,000 richer — coincidentally the same winner-take-all purse that Murray won in 1967 on Lake Mead. Wallen not only is a formidable competitor; he’s also a director of Bluegrass Yakmasters, a KBF Partner organization headquartered in Lexington, Kentucky.
Best of the Best Fish-off
Over a span of three days in February, the Wetumpka Area Chamber of Commerce will host a clash between these two KBF Champions. Ball has proven his angling ability on rivers. Wallen earned his reputation fishing on lakes. This event includes both.
KBF Champions will luxuriate throughout their stay in Alabama at the region’s finest riverside resort, Wind Creek Wetumpka Hotel & Casino.
- Thursday, February 23, dawn to late-afternoon: Prefishing
- Friday, February 24, dawn to dusk: Day 1 competition on the Coosa River
- Friday, February 24: 10pm EST/9pm CST: Live Day 1 Report, Instagram Webcast* [www.instagram.com/kayakbassfishing]
- Saturday, February 25, dawn to dusk: Day 2 competition on Lake Jordan
- Saturday, February 25, 10pm EST/9 pm CST: Live Day 2 Report, Chad Hoover’s Facebook Webcast [www.Facebook.com/KayakBassFishing]
- Sunday, February 26, dawn to dusk: Day 3 competition, Angler’s Choice
- Sunday, February 26, noon EST: Day 3 Competition
- Sunday, February 26, 10pm EST/9 pm CST: Live Day 3 Winner Announcement on Chad Hoover’s YouTube Webcast [YouTube.com/KayakBassinTV]
*Note: Instagram Webcasts are viewable only while streaming is in progress; video disappears when video feed ends. YouTube and Facebook Webcasts are archived for later viewing.
KBF’s top two anglers from 2016, Ball and Wallen, will launch each day at 5:30 AM EST (approximately 45 minutes before sunrise) and end at 6:30 PM (approximately 45 minutes after sunset). On Day 1, they select a stretch of the Coosa River and work the current and eddies or seek out back-waters and stream mouths. On Day 2, they go to work on Lake Jordan. Depending on the results of those first two days, and going with their strengths, each competitor gets to choose either lake or river on Day 3.
This watershed will be new to both, so learning how they prepare, explore, break down, analyze, and execute a winning strategy. on new water will be interesting. As they work to answer the question, “Who’s best?” video crews from Jackson Kayak and from Heleconia Press (Hoover’s television production company) will join Hoover and Gene “Flukemaster” Jensen in chronicling the two anglers’ highs and lows over one day of prefishing and three days of competition. Then, each night of competition Chad Hoover will present a live webcast to report, interview, and analyze the day’s events. Sunday night’s Webcast will, of course, focus on which angler earned the right to the title, “Best of the Best.”
Eligible Water: Lake Jordan from the dam up to the power line crossing 7 miles upstream. The Coosa River from below the dam to the mouth of the Tallapoosa River below Wetumpka.
Best of the Best Competition Rules Addendum
+ GOOGLE CALENDAR+ ICAL EXPORT
- Dates: Dawn to Dusk, February 24-26, 2017
- Tournament Director: Chad Hoover
- Judge: TBD
- Eligibility: 2016 KBF National Champion vs. 2016 KBF Angler of the Year
- Venue: GOLD STAR PARK COOSA RIVER & LAKE JORDAN
- Eligible Water & Location: Competitors may fish on Lake Jordan, from the dam upstream seven miles to the powerline crossing, and on the Coosa River from the Lake Jordan dam to the confluence of the Tallapoosa River.
- Species: Largemouth bass and Alabama spotted bass, a subspecies recognized in 2010 and native to the Coosa and Tallapoosa rivers and tributaries. Similar to Kentucky spotted bass, but bigger and meaner.
- Format: This is a 3-day CPR tournament where the combined length of up to five (5) bass each day (fifteen in all) will contribute to each competitor’s score
- Competition Rules: By entering this event, each competitor acknowledges he has read and agrees to abide by the following three documents:
- The “KBF Competition Rules Standards,” including a “Release and Indemnification Agreement” and a “Copyright and Use of Images Agreement”).
- The specific rules and restrictions outlined in this “KBF Competition Rules Addendum.”.
- The “KBF Event Participation Terms and Conditions”.
- Event Schedule
- Event Schedule
- Thursday, February 23: Prefishing cut-off at 4 p.m.
- Friday, February 24: Competition on the Coosa River starts at 5:30 a.m. EST and ends at 6:30 p.m. EST
- Saturday, February 25: Competition on Lake Jordan starts at 5:30 a.m. EST and ends at 6:30 p.m. EST
- Sunday, February 26: Competition on water of angler’s choice starts at 5:30 a.m. EST and ends at 6:30 p.m. EST
- Sunday, February 26: 10 p.m. EST/9 p.m. Winner announcement on live YouTube Webcast
- Registration Procedures: This event is conducted using the TourneyX Tournament Management System. No entry fee is required in this fishoff between KBF Champions.
- This event is conducted using the TourneyX Tournament Management System.
- No entry fee is required in this fish-off between KBF Champions.
- Every photo must include a legible KBF Identifier Form.
- At each evening’s Captains Meeting, a Unique Event ID Code will be presented to the two anglers. Day 1 code should be printed in the Top-Left field. Day 2 in the Top-Center field. Day 3 in the Top-Right field.
- The score for each fish is the actual length, less any penalties.
- Rankings will be determined by the cumulative score of each angler’s top five bass each day over the three day period
- Cash Payout:
- First Place: $2,000
- Second Place: $1,000
- KBF 2017 Angler of the Year (“AOY”) Points: None
- KBF National Championship Qualifying Slots: None; not a qualifying event.
- BONUS BUCKS: None.
- Cash Distributions by check will be made after winners have provided KBF with a copy of their IRS W-9 forms
DetailsStart:February 24 @ 5:30 am End:February 26 @ 6:30 pmWebsite:http://www.kayakbassfishing.com/best-of-the-best/
OrganizerKayak Bass Fishing, LLC
110 E Bridge St
Wetumpka, AL 36092 United States + Google Map
Walmart Academy Grand Opening
RESCHEDULED TO MARCH 2nd @ 9:00 am
Walmart (Academy is inside newly built buildings in Parking Lot)
Crater Tours March 4th 9 am, 10:15 am, 11:30 am and 1 pm Call the City of Wetumpka 567-5147 for reservations $20 adults, $10 children under 12
April 7th WACC Golf Tournament 11 am registration & Lunch, 12:30 Putting Contest &
1 pm Shotgun Start
Saturday, May 6th Coosa River Showdown Bass Fishing Kayak Tournament@ Gold Star Park
Tuesday, May 23rd WACC meeting & Reception – with Draw Down & Silent Auction @5:30 pm @ Civic Center
Santuck Flea Market Reopens
Saturday, March 4th, 2017
March 20th- 25th, 2017
Need a larger view of the flyer? Click on this link to be redirected to our Community Calendar page.
by Constant Contact